Fathers may visit at any time, and a lounge chair is provided should they decide to stay the night. For all others - including visiting siblings- 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (siblings/children are not permitted to stay overnight).
Before and After Surgery
- Before surgery: families may visit you in your room.
- During surgery: family members are requested to wait in the Surgery Waiting Room on the first floor.
- After surgery: the doctor will advise relatives when you are in the Recovery Room and of your condition. Relatives will be informed when you are ready to return to your room.
Critical Care Units
When ICU activity permits, there is open visitation EXCEPT between 6 a.m.-8 a.m., and 6 p.m.-8 p.m..
Visitation is limited to adults, two visitors at a time, and at the discretion of the nurse caring for the patient.
Staying Overnight with Patients
Staying overnight with patients is usually discouraged. This practice can be disturbing to patients. However, there are two situations in which a relative might be encouraged to remain overnight with you:
- For your safety if you require additional attention.
- For pediatric patients: Lounge chairs are available in limited supply for these occasions in private rooms only.